Veggie Quiche Muffins
With a busy schedule, these protein-packed muffins will keep satisfied.
Recipe adapted from FoodHero.Org.
Get creative and try different types of low-fat cheeses. Also, consider using spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers, and even jalapenos for extra nutrients and a colorful muffin. Try pairing this with whole-grain toast for a great breakfast.
3⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup green onion or onion, chopped
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, diced
2 cups non-fat or 1% milk
1 cup baking mix (for biscuits or pancakes)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or dried leaf basil and oregano)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray or oil 12 muffin cups.
2. Sprinkle cheese, onions, broccoli and tomatoes in muffin cups.
3. Place remaining ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth. Pour egg mixture over other ingredients in muffin cups.
4. Bake until golden brown or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Per serving: Calories 110; Total Fat 4 g; Saturated Fat 2 g; Carbohydrates 12 g; Protein 7 g; Fiber 2 g; Sodium 287 mg; Potassium 116 mg; Magnesium 4 mg; Calcium 121 mg