Straight from the garden to your plate.
Recipe adapted from Food Hero.
Savory vegetable patties are a great way to add more veggies to your meal. They are versatile and can be served as an appetizer, side dish, or as the main dish. Top with plain Greek yogurt, low-fat sour cream, or salsa.
• 1 cup shredded carrots
• 1 cup shredded zucchini
• 1 cup shredded potatoes
• 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup bread crumbs
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
• Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl.
• Form vegetable mixture into small flat patties.
• Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet. Cook patties on both sides over medium heat for about 8 minutes.
• Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
• Try other root vegetables like sweet potatoes, parsnips, turnips, and rutabaga.
• Don’t have bread crumbs? Try using crushed crackers like saltines.
Serving size = 2 patties. Per serving: 130 calories, 4.5 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 19 g carbohydrates, 5 g protein, 2 g fiber, 490 mg sodium, 210 mg potassium, 12 mg magnesium, 44 mg calcium