Tofu and Veggie Soba Noodle Bowl
This colorful dish is pleasing to both the eye and the palet.
Recipe created by Melissa Girgis, Dietetic Intern at Oregon State University.
Adding a variety of veggies to any dish is a great way to increase the flavor of that meal, as well as the nutritional value. Soba noodles are made from buckwheat, a whole grain that is rich in fiber.
• 4 oz soba noodles
• ½ small purple cabbage, shredded
• 2 shredded carrots
• 3 diced green onions
• 1 cup steamed snow peas
• 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
• 1 package extra firm tofu, cubed
• 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray, spread tofu. Bake at 400 F for 40 minutes, rotating pieces every 10 minutes for even cooking
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook soba noodles according to package directions
3. Dice cabbage, bell pepper, carrots. Steam ~6 minutes with snow peas
4. Combine cooked soba noodles with baked tofu and steamed veggies
5. Toss with sesame oil and soy sauce
6. Garnish with diced green onion and black sesame seeds
220 calories, 10 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 30 g carbohydrate, 12 g protein, 5 g fiber, 220 mg sodium, 400 mg potassium, 175 mg calcium, 80 mg magnesium