Quinoa Fruit Salad
This vibrant dish is pleasing to your eyes and taste buds! Fresh, juicy strawberries, blueberries and mangos paired with creamy goats cheese and delicious quinoa, create a beautiful salad fit for any occasion.
Recipe adapted from: www.twopeasandtheirpod.com.
The DASH diet recommends eating at least 2 cups of fruit per day. After indulging in this sweet, tangy salad you’ll be half way to your daily recommendations of fruit (one serving of this recipe offers 1 cup of fruit)!
• 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
• 2 cups water
• ½ teaspoon salt
For the Honey Lime Dressing:
• Juice of 1 large lime
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
For the fruit:
• 1 ½ cups blueberries
• 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
• 1 ½ cups chopped mango
• ¼ cup goats cheese, crumbled
1. Using a strainer, rinse the quinoa under cold water. Add quinoa, water, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
2. To make the Honey Lime Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, and mint together until combined.
3. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, blueberries, strawberries, mango, and cheese. Pour honey lime dressing over the fruit salad and mix until well combined. Garnish with additional mint, if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Per serving: 220 calories, 4 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 44 g carbohydrate, 6 g protein, 5 g fiber, 220 mg sodium, 278 mg potassium, 67 mg magnesium, 42 mg calcium.