Pesto & Mozzarella Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
Quick, healthy, and delicious, need I say more?
Recipe created by Melissa Girgis, Dietetic Intern at Oregon State University.
To complete this meal, consider adding a serving of whole grains, such as ½ cup cooked quinoa, rice, or millet. Unlike rice, millet, or wheat, quinoa is a complete protein that supplies all of the amino acids your body needs.
• 2 portobello mushroom caps
• 1 small roma tomato, diced
• 2 tablespoons pesto
• ¼ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1. Use a dry or damp cloth to clean mushrooms. Remove stems by twisting gently.
2. Divide pesto evenly between 2 mushroom caps
3. Top with diced tomato and shredded cheese
4. Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 400 F
290 calories, 20 g total fat, 5 g saturated fat, 13 g carbohydrate, 15 g protein, 4 g fiber, 300 mg sodium, 980 mg potassium, 300 mg calcium, 36 mg magnesium