Did someone say pizza? These fun fruit pizzas are a hit with kids and adults alike!
Recipe adapted from foodhero.org.
Fruit pizzas are perfect for a quick breakfast, afterschool snack, or dessert. Each mouthwatering pizza packs a nutritious punch with fiber, protein, and vitamins.
• 1 English Muffin (try whole grain)
• 2 tablespoons reduced fat or fat-free cream cheese (see notes)
• 2 tablespoons sliced strawberries
• 2 tablespoons blueberries
• 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
1. Split open the English muffin and toast the halves until lightly browned.
2. Spread cream cheese on both halves.
3. Divide the fruit between the two muffin halves and arrange on top of cream cheese.
4. These are best when served soon.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
• Use any combination of fruit for topping the pizza. Try sliced apples, pears, bananas, and more!
• No cream cheese? Try peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, or yogurt.
Serving size = one half muffin with fruit. Per serving: 120 calories, 3 g total fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 19 g carbohydrates, 4 g protein, 3 g fiber, 190 mg sodium, 143 mg potassium, 28 mg magnesium, 114 mg calcium