Crunchy Apple Stir-fry
The perfect side dish to pair with any recipe this Fall and Winter.
Recipe courtesy of bestapples.com.
Enjoy this side dish alongside baked chicken, a whole wheat roll and an 8 ounce glass of low fat or fat free milk to create a balanced meal sure to please the whole family.
• 1/2 cup sliced onion
• 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
• 1 teaspoon crushed dried basil
• 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen snow pea pods
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 Gala or Golden Delicious apple, cored and thinly sliced
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onion, carrots, and basil; stir fry 3 minutes.
Add pea pods, water, and ginger; stir fry 2 minutes.
Add apple and cook 2 minutes longer. Serve hot.
Per serving: 70 calories, 2 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 14 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein, 3 g fiber, 20 mg sodium, 174 mg potassium, 8 mg magnesium, 33 mg calcium