Creamy Fruit Salad
Treat yourself with this easy and refreshing fruit salad.
Recipe adapted from foodhero.org.
This lovely fruit salad is bursting with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Enjoy it as a side dish, snack, or satisfying dessert. To make a balanced meal, serve it alongside toast with peanut butter and a glass of milk.
• 1 cup pineapple chunks
• 1 large apple, chopped
• 1 banana, sliced
• 1 orange, chopped
• 3⁄4 cup low-fat piña colada yogurt (one 6-oz carton of yogurt)
1. Put pineapple chunks in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Prepare apples, banana and orange as directed and add to bowl.
3. Add yogurt to bowl and mix gently with a spoon until fruit is well coated.
4. Serve and enjoy!
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
• Try adding different fruits like grapes, blueberries, pears, or peach slices.
• Try different low-fat yogurt flavors like lemon, mango, honey, or vanilla.
Serving size = ½ cup. Per serving: 70 calories, 0 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 16 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein, 2 g fiber, 15 mg sodium, 140 mg potassium, 10 mg magnesium, 50 mg calcium