Bell Pepper Salad
A simple way to add color and a sweet crunch to your plate!
Recipe courtesy of Food Hero.
The peppers in this side dish, are rich in the antioxidant vitamin C. Adding a serving of whole grain such as quinoa can complete the meal due to its high protein and fiber content. Try a cup of low-fat yogurt for dessert-a pineapple flavor pairs nicely with the sweet notes of the bell peppers!
• 4 bell peppers
• ½ medium onion
• 2 ½ tablespoons vinegar
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper
1. Wash bell peppers and remove tops and seeds. Cut into ¼-inch thick strips. Peel onion and slice into thin strips.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together vinegar, vegetable oil, salt and pepper. Add bell pepper and onion and gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
3. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
50 calories, 2 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein, 1 g fiber, 30 mg sodium, 190 mg potassium, 10 mg calcium, 10 mg magnesium