Baked Purple Sweet Potato with Coconut Topping
Who knew antioxidants could have such decadence?
Recipe created by Melissa Girgis, Dietetic Intern at Oregon State University.
Eating potato skin is a great way to get more fiber and decrease food waste. Just be careful to scrub them well before cooking.
• 1 small purple sweet potato
• ½ tablespoon butter, melted
• ⅛ cup crushed pecans
• ¼ cup blueberries
• ½ tablespoon flaked coconut
• Dash of cinnamon
1. Scrub potato with brush under warm water, dry potato, pierce potato several times with fork
2. Wrap potato in a paper towel, microwave for 3 ½ minutes, let sit 5 minutes in paper towel to finish cooking
3. Melt butter in microwave ~1 minute on low power, depending on container size
4. Slice open potato, drizzle with butter, pecans, blueberries, and cinnamon
297 calories, 16 g total fat, 5 g saturated fat, 37 g carbohydrate, 5 g protein, 5 g fiber, 60 mg sodium, 825 mg potassium, 34 mg calcium, 57 mg magnesium