Asian Beef and Noodles
Try this ramen noodle “hack” to make your bowl of noodles into a zesty meal
Recipe adapted from foodhero.org.
Everyone loves a warm bowl of ramen noodles. With this recipe, you add protein with ground beef and your choice of vegetables to make a tasty main dish. Keep the sodium level down by using only one seasoning packet. To make a complete meal, serve with fruit and a glass of milk.
• 2 cups water
• 1⁄2 pound lean ground beef (15% fat)
• 2 packages oriental flavor instant ramen-style noodles, broken into small pieces
• 1 seasoning packet from ramen-style noodles (save other packet for another use)
• 16 ounces frozen Asian-style vegetables, or any other frozen vegetables
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet), brown ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat.
2. Add 2 cups of water and ONE seasoning packet to cooked beef and mix well.
3. Add frozen vegetables, green onion, ginger, and garlic and bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Add ramen noodles, reduce heat to low, and simmer 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Serving size = 1 cup. Per serving: 270 calories, 10 g total fat, 4 g saturated fat, 27 g carbohydrates, 17 g protein, 3 g fiber, 486 mg sodium, 242 mg potassium, 19 mg magnesium, 60 mg calcium